Fort Riley, Kansas
2.2
Coverage Area

I live in Ft. Riley, KS.

While on post Vyve's main competitor is another local ISP called CenturyLink. Which CenturyLink offers very limited packages with speed... highest it will go is 10mgbs in my area. I've had Vyve for awhile and let me tell you it has not been very good.

Firstly I pay for the 50mgbs plan, an the bill is around $80 a month. Now when I pay close to a $100 for just internet... I expect it to work. I have never gotten the advertised speeds.

Don't think I've ever even gotten above 25mgbs. So basically I'm just paying more money for no apparent reason. Which is my fault for sticking with this service. However, Vyve pretty much has on post housing and the barracks monopolized.

I constantly have billing issues where they wont charge my card (its automatic billing or at least thats what I set it up as) an then I get my service shut off an have to pay for the last 2 or 3 months they havn't been charging my card. Say if I lived paycheck to paycheck that would be a huge issue. Whenever I call there main customer support line to try and address these issues I either get a run around or they say some magical event (usual go to is server upgrade) in there service is happening which is causing this issue. Well they must be upgrading there servers every day because I very rarely go more then a couple of days without an issue.

But most recently I moved to a new location on post an tried to transfer my service. They can't send a tech out to my house till Tuesday this upcoming week, I did the transfer on Wednesday. Are you kidding me? A 6 day long wait for a simple cable check?

An a $30 transfer fee? You should be counting your blessings the consumer is staying with your service when they relocate (only reason I did is because CenturyLink sucks as well and doesn't have the speed I need for what I do). I would call your support line but it's not your telecommunications employee's fault. It's your company policies and logistical planning.

I'm willing to bet the company has had some success and has decided to grow and reach outwards and you probably grew to fast and now you're playing catch up. If this service transfer doesnt go very smooth I'm going to get in touch with the garrison commander's IG and tell them the truth... your company is ripping off soldiers because of this monopoly they allow you to have. Last thing...

I'm not the only one this is happening to.

Many of my peers, subordinates and supervisors have the same issues. Vyve needs to wake up and get there *** together.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 05, 2015.

Comments

I live on post and I'm having the same issues